New flyers cover the individual mandate, financial help and the new health care marketplace
Today marks the official opening of the health insurance marketplaces. Many consumers still have questions about what they have to do by 2014.
Health Net has the answers in two new flyers designed to support your conversations with individual and family clients and prospects.
This flyer covers the individual mandate and the opportunity for financial help. Both elements are integral to the Affordable Care Act goal of increasing the number of Americans who have affordable health coverage.
The new flyer is available to download today and explains:
• Coverage requirements for individuals beginning January 1, 2014.
• People who are exempt from the individual mandate.
• The penalties for people who choose not to buy health coverage.
• Premium assistance.
• Cost-sharing reductions.
You’ll also find an overview of the employer-shared responsibility, which will begin effective 2015.
The new health care marketplace
Written directly for the consumer, this flyer is a great one to hand out to clients. We walk consumers through the basics of the new health care marketplaces. In simple, straightforward terms, we detail:
- What consumers can buy.
- How much coverage costs – the split between what the consumer pays and what the health insurance (“coverage”) company pays.
- What type of financial help is available.
- Who is required to have health coverage by January 1, 2014.
We have included both flyers here and on our broker portal, under Forms & Brochures.
The marketplace flyer is California-based, but it’s general enough to be a good reference for brokers in Arizona and Oregon/Washington. Specific versions for those states are in development and will be posted as soon as available.
As reform hits Main Street, you’ve got one sure thing. Health Net.
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) annual survey process underway at Health Net
- Oregon/Washington brokers: drug list changes for Q1 2018
- Health Net awards $1.5 million to help close insurance gap, improve quality of care and enhance health outcomes
- Oregon/Washington: Eclipsed by health care changes? See Health Net’s 2018 vision