In order to comply with California Bill AB 369, pertaining to Continuity of Care, Health Net mailed letters to all active PPO/HMO Individual members on an ACA plan (both on and off exchange) with effective dates from January 1, 2014 through April 1, 2014.
California Bill AB 369 requires a health plan, at the request of a newly covered enrollee under an individual contract, or a health insurer at the request of a new covered insured under an individual insurance policy, to arrange for the completion of covered services by a non-participating provider for one of the conditions specified in existing law, if the new covered enrollee or insure meets both of the following:
- Had coverage that was terminated between December 1, 203 and March 31, 2014, inclusive because the plan or insurer ceased to provide or arrange health benefits or the plan or insurer withdrew from the market; and,
- At the time coverage became effective, the newly covered enrollee or insured was receiving services from that provider for one of the specified condition.
Attached are copies of the HMO and PPO letters for your reference.
For questions, please contact Francine Klein (818) 676-6757 or Francine.email@example.com
- California 2018 Small Group rate updates
- IRS extends deadlines for provided forms 1095-B and 1095-C to recipients for tax year 2017
- Oregon/Washington brokers: drug list changes for Q1 2018
- Health Net commercial medical claims submission address changing Jan. 1
- Covered California and Health Net extend deadline to Dec. 22 for a Jan. 1 effective date