In order to comply with California Bill AB 369, pertaining to Continuity of Care, Health Net mailed letters to all active PPO/HMO Individual members on an ACA plan (both on and off exchange) with effective dates from January 1, 2014 through April 1, 2014.
California Bill AB 369 requires a health plan, at the request of a newly covered enrollee under an individual contract, or a health insurer at the request of a new covered insured under an individual insurance policy, to arrange for the completion of covered services by a non-participating provider for one of the conditions specified in existing law, if the new covered enrollee or insure meets both of the following:
- Had coverage that was terminated between December 1, 203 and March 31, 2014, inclusive because the plan or insurer ceased to provide or arrange health benefits or the plan or insurer withdrew from the market; and,
- At the time coverage became effective, the newly covered enrollee or insured was receiving services from that provider for one of the specified condition.
Attached are copies of the HMO and PPO letters for your reference.
For questions, please contact Francine Klein (818) 676-6757 or Francine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members enjoying improved care thanks to Health Net’s quality initiatives
- You’re invited to our California Individual Portfolio broker webinar on Oct. 9
- California individuals and families can sign up for 2019 health coverage with Health Net starting Oct. 15
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your and your clients’ privacy continue to be protected by Health Net’s latest secure email tool