For Arizona Brokers – Arizona Individual & Family Plans
The Health Net of Arizona, Inc. CommunityCare HMO Open Access Basic (Catastrophic) plan is available to individuals who are under age 30. The plan is also available to individuals age 30 and older who are exempt from the federal requirement to maintain essential coverage.
Catastrophic plan applicants age 30 and older are required to:
- obtain and submit an application for a hardship exemption from the federal Marketplace. Upon approval from the Marketplace, the Marketplace will send the applicant a notice showing their exemption certificate number (ECN);
- include the Marketplace notice and ECN along with their application for health coverage; and
- Provide proof of hardship exemption on an annual basis. Applicants must re-apply for a hardship exemption from the Marketplace, and submit the Marketplace notice with the new ECN to Health Net every year – by January 1 – in order to remain on their catastrophic plan.
Please make your clients aware of these requirements when they are applying for catastrophic plan coverage.
You can learn more about these exemptions and the required special exemption application by clicking here.
Thank you for your continued business. If you have any questions, please contact your account executive.
Health Net of Arizona, Inc. underwrites benefits for HMO plans. Health Net of Arizona, Inc. is a subsidiary of Health Net, Inc. Health Net is a registered service mark of Health Net, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) annual survey process underway at Health Net
- Arizona small group rate updates
- IRS extends deadlines for provided forms 1095-B and 1095-C to recipients for tax year 2017
- Arizona Small Business Group underwriting guidelines effective Jan. 1, 2018
- Oregon/Washington brokers: drug list changes for Q1 2018