California’s Limit on Waiting Periods (Probationary Periods) – CA SB1034 Signed into Law
As you may know, Governor Brown signed CA SB1034 into law on Friday, August 15, 2014. CA SB1034 repeals California’s stricter 60-day limit on waiting periods (in accordance with AB1083) and allows employers to follow the federal ACA’s 90-day waiting period limitation. CA SB1034 also prohibits insurers and health plans from imposing waiting periods, although the insurer or health plan may administer waiting period on behalf of the employer (as long as the employer’s waiting period does not exceed the ACA’s 90-day limit).
At this time, Health Net is reviewing SB1034 and plans to address how we will implement the law (including the applicable effective date for employers, revision of probationary period options, forms, etc.) We will provide you with additional details as they become available.
We appreciate your partnership in the continued growth of your business and for making us your carrier of choice and thank you for guiding our members to better informed health care decisions. For more information, please contact your Health Net Representative or Broker Services at (800) 448-4411, option 4.
- Members enjoying improved care thanks to Health Net’s quality initiatives
- You’re invited to our California Individual Portfolio broker webinar on Oct. 9
- California individuals and families can sign up for 2019 health coverage with Health Net starting Oct. 15
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your and your clients’ privacy continue to be protected by Health Net’s latest secure email tool