California’s Limit on Waiting Periods (Probationary Periods) – CA SB1034 Signed into Law
As you may know, Governor Brown signed CA SB1034 into law on Friday, August 15, 2014. CA SB1034 repeals California’s stricter 60-day limit on waiting periods (in accordance with AB1083) and allows employers to follow the federal ACA’s 90-day waiting period limitation. CA SB1034 also prohibits insurers and health plans from imposing waiting periods, although the insurer or health plan may administer waiting period on behalf of the employer (as long as the employer’s waiting period does not exceed the ACA’s 90-day limit).
At this time, Health Net is reviewing SB1034 and plans to address how we will implement the law (including the applicable effective date for employers, revision of probationary period options, forms, etc.) We will provide you with additional details as they become available.
We appreciate your partnership in the continued growth of your business and for making us your carrier of choice and thank you for guiding our members to better informed health care decisions. For more information, please contact your Health Net Representative or Broker Services at (800) 448-4411, option 4.
- Health Net provides assistance to the Klamathon, West and Holiday Fire evacuees in Siskiyou, San Diego and Santa Barbara Counties
- Health Net provides assistance to Pawnee Fire evacuees in Lake County
- California Legislature passes Assembly Bill 1048 – partial fill for pain management and Schedule II Drug prescriptions
- 2018 Commercial Sales Guidelines
- ID Card Express program for California large groups still going strong!