California’s Limit on Waiting Periods (Probationary Periods) – CA SB1034 Signed into Law
As you may know, Governor Brown signed CA SB1034 into law on Friday, August 15, 2014. CA SB1034 repeals California’s stricter 60-day limit on waiting periods (in accordance with AB1083) and allows employers to follow the federal ACA’s 90-day waiting period limitation. CA SB1034 also prohibits insurers and health plans from imposing waiting periods, although the insurer or health plan may administer waiting period on behalf of the employer (as long as the employer’s waiting period does not exceed the ACA’s 90-day limit).
At this time, Health Net is reviewing SB1034 and plans to address how we will implement the law (including the applicable effective date for employers, revision of probationary period options, forms, etc.) We will provide you with additional details as they become available.
We appreciate your partnership in the continued growth of your business and for making us your carrier of choice and thank you for guiding our members to better informed health care decisions. For more information, please contact your Health Net Representative or Broker Services at (800) 448-4411, option 4.
- California 2018 Small Group rate updates
- IRS extends deadlines for provided forms 1095-B and 1095-C to recipients for tax year 2017
- Health Net commercial medical claims submission address changing Jan. 1
- Covered California and Health Net extend deadline to Dec. 22 for a Jan. 1 effective date
- Health Net providing assistance to Southern California wildfire victims and evacuees