California’s Limit on Waiting Periods (Probationary Periods) – CA SB1034 Signed into Law
As you may know, Governor Brown signed CA SB1034 into law on Friday, August 15, 2014. CA SB1034 repeals California’s stricter 60-day limit on waiting periods (in accordance with AB1083) and allows employers to follow the federal ACA’s 90-day waiting period limitation. CA SB1034 also prohibits insurers and health plans from imposing waiting periods, although the insurer or health plan may administer waiting period on behalf of the employer (as long as the employer’s waiting period does not exceed the ACA’s 90-day limit).
At this time, Health Net is reviewing SB1034 and plans to address how we will implement the law (including the applicable effective date for employers, revision of probationary period options, forms, etc.) We will provide you with additional details as they become available.
We appreciate your partnership in the continued growth of your business and for making us your carrier of choice and thank you for guiding our members to better informed health care decisions. For more information, please contact your Health Net Representative or Broker Services at (800) 448-4411, option 4.
- On-demand doctor house calls; a new service for Health Net PPO members
- California SBG Underwriting Guidelines effective April 1, 2018
- Offer more to your California Small Business Group clients in Q2
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) annual survey process underway at Health Net
- California 2018 Small Group rate updates