Effective managers are critical to an organization’s success. Managers must maintain and support both the technical performance and interpersonal relationships of their team members. Through these efforts, skilled managers can attract talent and boost performance, engagement and retention.
An ineffective manager, on the other hand, can detract from departmental efficacy, significantly costing organizations money in turnover costs and missed opportunities for employee contribution.
Regardless of a manager’s tenure in his or her role, management skills can be developed and enhanced. MHN – Health Net, Inc.’s behavioral health subsidiary – provides a variety of skill development resources through its EAP, such as:
- Workplace Training and Skill Development – Some sample course titles for managers include Essential Skills for Effective Management, Managing Personal and Employee Stress and Resolving Conflict in the Workplace.
- Organizational Development – MHN can work with managers to assess departmental or organizational issues, recommend an action plan and implement that plan. MHN’s Organizational Development services also include management coaching to help unit leaders develop and improve skills to manage more effectively.
- Organizational Guidance – MHN’s experienced management consultants can support managers through services such as management and labor consultations to address difficult workplace situations and Job Performance Referrals to remedy employee behavior and/or performance issues.
To learn more about MHN’s services, please visit MHN’s website at www.mhn.com, call 1-800-327-7526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- California Notice of Changes to coverage terms for 2018
- Arizona Small Group Portfolio refreshed and ready for 2018
- California 2018 Small Group benefit and rate updates
- 2018 Open Enrollment: California Individual and Family Plan line-up