Open enrollment 2015 is right around the corner! We are ready to renew your clients with Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net) coverage. We also are preparing for 2015 with an updated Individual & Family Plan (IFP) portfolio.
Client renewal notices
By November 1, 2014, Health Net will mail renewal notices to all our HMO members and off-exchange PPO insureds who have a plan with us today. The notice tells them that we will offer their health plan again in 2015.
- IFP off-exchange HMO and PPO members will receive a letter from Health Net that uses the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) model notice. The model notice includes new premium information and benefit changes, if applicable.
Members who have a guaranteed issue (GI) or conversion plan will also receive an extra message that encourages them to explore their choices. It may be that their GI or conversion plan is more expensive than comparable coverage they could get either on- or off-exchange.
- HMO members who enrolled via the marketplace will receive a letter from Health Net using an approved Covered California™ renewal template. The letters include new premium information and benefit changes if applicable.
- Members who are aging out of a minimum coverage (catastrophic) plan will renew under our Bronze PPO plan and be invited to explore their other coverage options.
- Members who want to choose a new plan and want their coverage to start January 1, need to enroll by December 15, 2014.
All brokers who have clients impacted by this change will receive a letter, client list and sample member letters.
2015 IFP portfolio
For 2015, we will offer:
- Two new tailored network-based plans.
- A Health care service plan (HSP) in Southern California (on- and off-exchange).
- An Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plan in Northern California (on- and off-exchange except in Mariposa, Monterey and San Benito counties). We are awaiting regulatory approval.
- HMO plans in Southern California (on- and off-exchange) using our CommunityCare network. We will continue to offer these popular HMO plans in platinum, gold and silver metal levels.
- Our current PPO insurance plans off-exchange.
Once all of our new plans are approved, we will provide you with details. Until then, we are not allowed to release any plan information.
As a reminder, 2015 open enrollment begins November 15, 2014, and runs through February 15, 2015. Health Net 2015 plan information will be online at www.healthnet.com during open enrollment.
Please contact your account executive or call Broker Services at 1-800-909-3447, option 1, or email to Brokers@healthnet.com if you have questions.
Thank you again for everything you do to connect consumers with coverage they can count on.
Health Net Individual & Family PPO insurance plans, Policy Form # P30601, and EPO insurance plans, Policy Form # P34401, are underwritten by Health Net Life Insurance Company. Health Net Individual & Family HMO and HSP health plans are offered by Health Net of California, Inc. Health Net Life Insurance Company and Health Net of California, Inc. are subsidiaries of Health Net, Inc. Health Net is a registered service mark of Health Net, Inc. Covered California is a registered trademark of the State of California. All rights reserved.