All Western Region Brokers
The Departments of Health and Human Services (HHS), Labor (DOL) and Treasury issued final rules in February 2014, which eliminate the requirement for Health Plans to issue certificates of creditable coverage to members who have lost coverage under a group health plan as of December 31, 2014 or later.
In response to the final rule, Health Net’s Membership Department will discontinue issuing HIPAA certificates of creditable coverage to members as of December 31, 2014.
Because new and renewing plans effective January 1, 2014 and later are prohibited from imposing pre-existing condition exclusions or waiting periods under the Affordable Care Act, providing proof of creditable coverage becomes unnecessary. Health Net will begin issuing “termination notices” to individual and group members who lose their Health Net as a replacement for the HIPAA certificate.
The termination notice will inform the recipient that coverage is available through the Marketplace as well as other available coverage options. Click here to view a sample notice template. Health Net’s Membership department will use the logic currently in place for sending the HIPAA certification notice to members who lose coverage.
- Oregon/Washington brokers: drug list changes for Q1 2018
- California Large Group Enhanced Choice portfolio: Refreshed to power your 2018 business
- California Notice of Changes to coverage terms for 2018
- Arizona Small Group Portfolio refreshed and ready for 2018
- California 2018 Small Group benefit and rate updates