With nearly 44 million adults living with mental illness every year, chances are you know someone who is affected and how important it is for people to get the help they need. In recognition of National Mental Health Awareness Month, MHN, Health Net’s behavioral health subsidiary, joins the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the Association of Behavioral Health and Wellness (ABHW) in their initiatives to raise awareness of mental illness, fight the stigma and provide support.
“MHN has been part of a historic expansion of mental health care – Over 1.5 million additional people began receiving behavioral health benefits through MHN in 2014,” says Devan Cross, Director of MHN Operational Development. “Improving access to mental health care is central to our mission, so we’re really excited about the opportunity to reach out and raise awareness through our involvement with ABHW’s Stamp Out Stigma campaign and the Bay Area NAMIWalk.”
MHN supports the Bay Area NAMIWalk
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization, is committed to serving those who are affected by mental illness. In support of this important cause, MHN is proud to sponsor the 2015 Bay Area NAMIWalk on May 30 in San Francisco.
“Stamp Out Stigma” campaign underway
2015 marks the second year of MHN’s participation in the Association of Behavioral Health and Wellness Stamp Out Stigma campaign. The campaign aims to reduce the stigma around mental illness and addiction through the “three Rs”:
- Recognize when you or your loved ones need help.
- Re-educate yourself and others about mental health and the resources available to get help.
- Reduce stigma, insensitivity and roadblocks to care.
Throughout the year, MHN and Health Net will be sharing information about this important issue through various communication channels.
To learn more about MHN, please visit MHN’s website at www.mhn.com, call 1-800-327-7526 or email email@example.com.
Managed Health Network, Inc. (MHN) is a subsidiary of Health Net, Inc. The MHN family of companies includes Managed Health Network, MHN Services and MHN Government Services. Health Net and Managed Health Network are registered service marks of Health Net, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- myStrength Chronic Pain Blog
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Join our webinar on how to decrease sugar in your diet
- Health Net offers assistance for California fire victims and evacuees
- October is Breast Cancer awareness month – for women and men; do you know your risk?