Renewals and Plan Closures for September, October and November 2015 Small Business Groups
Health Net is set to support California small business groups as they renew this fall. The biggest change will be for groups on Transitional Relief (Grandmothered) plans as they make the move to ACA-compliant plans. We have all your clients covered with our SBG portfolio, designed to work for small businesses.
Renewals are coming up for groups with September, October and November effective dates.
- All groups will receive renewal packages 60 days in advance of their renewal date.
- Clients have their choice among our full 2015 plan portfolio. Plan details and corresponding rates will be included in the renewal package.
Health Net is also sending 90-day closure notices to groups who are on any of the following plans:
- Transitional Relief plans that groups were allowed to keep into 2015 even though they aren’t compliant with all the Affordable Care Act (ACA) changes.
- WholeCare and Salud HMO y Más ACA-compliant plans that were in effect prior to 2015. We now offer refreshed versions of these popular plan types.
We are also sending letters to employees who are on HMO plans, as required by the Department of Managed Health Care. Click here to view the Member Sample Plan Closure letter, and here for the Employer Sample Plan Closure letter.
As always, clients whose plans are closing will have the choice to automatically move to the Health Net plan most similar to what they have now, choose another plan, or explore coverage through Covered CaliforniaTM for Small Business (formerly called the Small Business Health Options Program, or SHOP).
Health Net HMO and HSP health plans are offered by Health Net of California, Inc. Health Net PPO and EPO insurance plans are underwritten by Health Net Life Insurance Company. Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company are subsidiaries of Health Net, Inc. Health Net is a registered service mark of Health Net, Inc. Covered California is a registered trademark of the State of California. All rights reserved.
- Oregon/Washington brokers: drug list changes for Q1 2018
- California Large Group Enhanced Choice portfolio: Refreshed to power your 2018 business
- California Notice of Changes to coverage terms for 2018
- Arizona Small Group Portfolio refreshed and ready for 2018
- California 2018 Small Group benefit and rate updates