California Small Business Group Plans
It’s time. The mass migration to ACA-compliant plans is set for December 1, 2015, as small business groups renew following the extra year of transitional relief. Along with this change comes Small Group 2.0! Clients renewing December 1 are the first to have access to our new simplified Small Group 2.0 portfolio!
The sequence of events for December 1 renewals are:
- 90-day closure notices mail at end of August to groups that have:
- Transitional relief plans. All small group transitional relief plans close effective December 1, 2015.
- WholeCare HMO, SmartCare HMO and Salud HMO y Más ACA-compliant plans that were in effect prior to 2015. We now offer refreshed versions of these popular plan types.
Employees who are on HMO plans will receive an employee closure letter, as required by the Department of Managed Health Care. Sample letters are attached for your reference.
- Renewal packages follow close behind this year, so you and your clients have extra time to make choices.
- You should have your renewals packages by August 31.
- Groups will receive their renewals by mail 60 days in advance of renewal date.
They’ll have their choice to automatically move to the Health Net plan most similar to what they have now, choose another Small Group 2.0 plan, or explore coverage through Covered CaliforniaTM for Small Business.
A couple reminders:
- Submit your renewals as fast as possible! The faster you connect with us, the faster we can get your groups renewed for accurate December billing and new ID cards.
- Visit our new Broker Hub for everything Small Group 2.0!
Ready, set, go renew!
Health Net HMO and HSP health plans are offered by Health Net of California, Inc. Health Net PPO and EPO insurance plans are underwritten by Health Net Life Insurance Company. Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company are subsidiaries of Health Net, Inc. Health Net is a registered service mark of Health Net, Inc. Covered California is a registered trademark of the State of California. All rights reserved.
- Members enjoying improved care thanks to Health Net’s quality initiatives
- You’re invited to our California Individual Portfolio broker webinar on Oct. 9
- California individuals and families can sign up for 2019 health coverage with Health Net starting Oct. 15
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your and your clients’ privacy continue to be protected by Health Net’s latest secure email tool