California Individual & Family Plans
August 31 Deadline for Proof of Citizenship/Immigration Status to Covered California
Clients who enrolled in health coverage through Covered California have until August 31, 2015, to submit any requested documentation required to verify their citizenship or immigration status. Help us help them keep their coverage.
Having health insurance through Covered California is dependent on being “lawfully present” in the United States as a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or an individual with eligible immigration status.
Covered California sent letters to consumers who enrolled for 2015 coverage but for whom they could not verify their citizenship or immigration status. Anyone who got the letter has until August 31, 2015, to provide the requested documentation.
Covered California is required to terminate coverage for any consumer who does not send in proof of eligibility or if the marketplace still can’t verify eligibility. Along with losing coverage, consumers who received tax credits will have to repay them. They also will pay a tax penalty.
We are sending a reminder to all of our members who are on the list for whom we have email addresses. Please join us in reaching out! If you have clients who received this letter, please encourage them to take action by August 31. They should:
- Go to http://www.coveredca.com/notices/ now. This link goes straight to the page of Covered California’s website that has the document lists and instructions.
- Submit the documents to Covered California by August 31, 2015.
Covered California contact numbers:
- Customer service center: 1-800-300-1506 (TTY users should call 1-888-889-4500).
- Document Upload Helpdesk: 1-800-909-6822 (TTY users should call 1-888-889-4500).
Thank you for your support.
- Members enjoying improved care thanks to Health Net’s quality initiatives
- You’re invited to our California Individual Portfolio broker webinar on Oct. 9
- California individuals and families can sign up for 2019 health coverage with Health Net starting Oct. 15
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your and your clients’ privacy continue to be protected by Health Net’s latest secure email tool