Employers must send this notice to their employees in the coming weeks, if they haven’t already. We are mailing a letter to let them know about this notice requirement.
Employers may use the CMS model notices referenced in the letter. So you have the details you need when meeting with your clients, we have recapped the notice requirement here.
Pharmacy Plan Creditable Coverage Notification
Employer groups who provide prescription drug coverage through a group-sponsored health plan have to notify Medicare-eligible employees of the creditability status of their pharmacy plan.
Health Net has assessed our 2015–2016 pharmacy plans for creditability. Most are creditable, but some do not meet the actuarial value of the standard Medicare Part D benefit. We are sending our group customers a list of pharmacy plans that are not creditable so they know what to tell employees, along with details for filing the Medicare-required “Online Disclosure to CMS Form.”
You can find more information on creditable coverage, along with the CMS Model Beneficiary Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice and the Online Disclosure to CMS Form, in the employer section of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
Health care is changing. We are your Health Net. Please call your Health Net representative with any questions. Our Account Services Unit is here for you too at:
Oregon and Washington: 1-888-802-7001
- You’re invited to our California Individual Portfolio broker webinar on Oct. 9
- Business-boosting solutions for the 2019 selling season
- Oregon/Washington drug list changes for Q4 2018
- Your and your clients’ privacy continue to be protected by Health Net’s latest secure email tool
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net