California Small Business Group Plans
2016 comes early for small business groups who have January renewal dates. Renewals are easy with Small Group 2.0 from Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net).
We’ve got your clients covered — and those with up to 100 employees who will be new to small business group coverage — with Small Group 2.0.
2016 Changes and Additions
New for January 1, 2016, and later 2016 effective dates are these plans:
HMO Gold $50 — like our other HMO choices, your clients can pair this plan with any of the networks available in their area, which may include the SmartCare HMO, WholeCare
- HMO, Salud HMO y Mas and/or Full Network HMO
- Health Net Platinum 90 HSP 0/20
- Health Net Gold 80 HSP 0/35
Plans no longer available as of January 1, 2016, are:
- WholeCare HMO Platinum Standard Copay
- WholeCare HMO Gold Standard Copay
- Health Net Silver 70 HSA EPO Alternate
Throughout 2016, Health Net will send closure notices and renewal packages monthly:
- Closure notices mail 90 days in advance of renewal date to groups that have any of the plans that we closed for 2016. Notices also go to groups who have plans we closed earlier in the year (i.e., older versions of our WholeCare and Salud HMO y Más plans.51-100 groups renewing in 2016 also receive 90-day closure notices.Employees who are on HMO plans will receive an employee closure letter, as required by the Department of Managed Health Care. The employee letter includes the Notice of Exchanges, also as required.
- Groups will receive their renewals by mail 60 days in advance of their renewal date. Clients whose plan is closing will have their choice to move to the Health Net plan most similar to what they have now, choose another Small Group 2.0 plan, or explore coverage through Covered CaliforniaTM for Small Business.Please know that Health Net is required by law to tell your clients and their employees about coverage options through Covered California. We are strongly encouraging employees to talk to their employer, and for employers to contact you before making any decisions.
Health Net HMO and HSP health plans are offered by Health Net of California, Inc. Health Net PPO and EPO insurance plans are underwritten by Health Net Life Insurance Company. Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company are subsidiaries of Health Net, Inc. Health Net is a registered service mark of Health Net, Inc. Covered California is a registered trademark of the State of California. All rights reserved.
- Health Net provides assistance to the Klamathon, West and Holiday Fire evacuees in Siskiyou, San Diego and Santa Barbara Counties
- Health Net provides assistance to Pawnee Fire evacuees in Lake County
- California Legislature passes Assembly Bill 1048 – partial fill for pain management and Schedule II Drug prescriptions
- 2018 Commercial Sales Guidelines
- ID Card Express program for California large groups still going strong!