All Western Region Brokers
IRS Notice 2016-4, released December 28, 2015, provides additional time for Health Plans and Employers to comply with Minimum Essential Coverage and Employer Shared Responsibility filing requirements for tax year 2015.
New IRS filing deadlines for Minimum Essential Coverage and Employer Shared Responsibility reporting provisions are as follows:
- Minimum Essential Coverage Reporting: Health Plans must provide Form 1095B, the Statement of Health Coverage, to subscribers no later than March 31, 2016 (changed from January 31, 2016) and Form 1094B, the Transmittal, to the IRS no later than June 30, 2016 (changed from March 31, 2016).
- Employer Shared Responsibility Reporting (for Applicable Large Employers): Employers must provide Form 1094B, Employer Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, to employees no later than March 31, 2016 and file Form 1094C, the Transmittal, to the IRS no later than June 30, 2016 if filing electronically (or May 31, 2016 if not filing electronically).
- The IRS will not allow any further automatic or permissive extensions for Minimum Essential Coverage or Employer Shared Responsibility reporting.
- Individual taxpayers may file for 2015 prior to receiving Form 1095B or 1095C, and will not need to refile once they receive the statement.
- Additional information is available at: https://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-Act/Questions-and-Answers-about-Health-Care-Information-Forms-for-Individuals
What Health Net is Doing
- For Minimum Essential Coverage reporting, Health Net will comply with the IRS’s updated requirements and send Form 1095B statement to subscribers by March 31, 2016. Health Net will also mail a postcard to subscribers earlier in March, letting them know that the Form 1095B statement is on its way.
- For additional information about Minimum Essential Coverage and Employer Shared Responsibility, you may refer to these articles on our Health Care Reform Guide on our website:
- Health Net provides assistance to the Klamathon, West and Holiday Fire evacuees in Siskiyou, San Diego and Santa Barbara Counties
- Oregon/Washington Drug List Changes for Q3 2018
- Health Net provides assistance to Pawnee Fire evacuees in Lake County
- California Legislature passes Assembly Bill 1048 – partial fill for pain management and Schedule II Drug prescriptions
- 2018 Commercial Sales Guidelines