All systems are a go for open enrollment 2017. Though the official start for individuals and families is November 1, 2016, communications are ready to roll. In fact, Covered California is sending its first member letter this week. Get the full line-up here.
Ready for 2017
Here at Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net), we’re making 2017 simple with easy renewals! Our line-up of Individual & Family Plans (IFP) remains unchanged from 2016.
Your clients may choose to do nothing — we will automatically renew them. Or, they can explore other coverage during open enrollment.
- August 16: Covered California™ mails to all Californians enrolled via the marketplace.
- September 16: Health Net mails broker letters with full 2017 IFP details and client lists.
- September 30: Health Net mails renewal letters to our members who enrolled via Covered California. We are mailing at the 90-day mark to coincide with Covered California’s early renewal date.
- October 3: Covered California opens for early renewal.
- October 31: Health Net mails renewal letters to our members who enrolled directly with us.
- November 1: Open enrollment officially begins.
- December 15: Last day to enroll in new coverage for a January 1, 2017, effective date. Also the deadline for consumers to verify information and income with Covered California in order to qualify for tax credits in 2017.
- January 31, 2017: Open enrollment for 2017 closes.
There is nothing your clients have to do today. And, if they have Health Net, they can opt for our easy renewal.
All the details you need for 2017 will be posted here — and mailed to you if you have California IFP business with us — in mid-September. Meantime, if you have questions, please call your Account Executive or call Broker Services at 1-800-909-3447, option 1, or email to Brokers@healthnet.com.
- California 2018 Small Group rate updates
- IRS extends deadlines for provided forms 1095-B and 1095-C to recipients for tax year 2017
- Health Net commercial medical claims submission address changing Jan. 1
- Covered California and Health Net extend deadline to Dec. 22 for a Jan. 1 effective date
- Health Net providing assistance to Southern California wildfire victims and evacuees