Open enrollment 2017 is in full swing, and I want to remind you of the dynamic benefit updates that have taken place in our Large Group regions. We’ve developed these updates specifically to create more value for you and your clients – making this the perfect time to deliver the advantages of Health Net!
Please scroll down to see the details for your region (Arizona, California, or Northwest).
New Arizona Large Group portfolio primed for success
Health Net has streamlined and strengthened our marketable Large Group portfolio to provide more balance and value to help drive sales. All plans are quote-ready now! Here’s what’s new:
- New lower-cost medical plan options for employer groups.
- Medical and pharmacy cross-accumulation for all plans in our portfolio.
- Standard pharmacy plans available with and without deductibles.
- Specialty pharmacy tier available with copayment and coinsurance options.
The portfolio will continue to offer our medical PPO, HMO Self-referral and HSA, and our HSA/HRA integrated plans through HealthEquity – all available to pair with our standard 3- and 4-tier pharmacy plans. Plus! Sell HSA 101+ group plans with effective dates of 10/1/16-1/31/17 and earn a $50 bonus for each member enrolled!
Enhanced Health Savings Account (HSA) and Wellness Program
Health savings accounts (HSAs) offer employees a way to help control their own health care costs. And when paired with a wellness program, employees can feel more confident about their health care decisions. Our Enhanced HSA and Wellness Program is available to new groups of 101–299 and boosts plan value with the following features:
- Healthy Returns program – For qualified groups of 101+, Health Net will issue a renewal premium credit based on the group’s year-end claims experience.
- Funding for wellness programs – Wellness options are good for people and good for business. To help employers enrolled in the new Enhanced HSA, Health Net will provide funding and support for various wellness programs.
Our popular and competitive Enhanced Choice defined contribution portfolio continues to grow – with a new rate guarantee and a new PPO package option to help you generate more sales!
- Rate guarantee: Qualified new groups can take advantage of a second year rate cap1 on all Enhanced Choice plans for effective dates 8/1/16 through 1/1/17. Contact your local Health Net sales consultant for more information on the competitive options!
- PPO-Only Package: Pair PPO high, PPO low and HSA/HRA options with pharmacy plans — a smart new way to sell PPO to your clients! Contact your local Health Net sales consultant for details.
1Rate guarantee eligibility is determined on a case by case basis. For qualifications and other important details, terms and conditions, refer to the New Business Rate Guarantee Agreement document, available from your local Health Net sales consultant.
SLU: new for 2017
We know that affordability and choice are top priorities for large groups. That’s why we’ve updated our Starting Line-Up (SLU) portfolio effective 1/1/2017:
- Addition of Salud Mexico to our portfolio – coverage alternative in San Diego, Imperial and Kern counties that gives large group clients and their enrolled dependents access to participating SIMNSA providers.
- Implant coverage added to dental HMO Plus plans.
Great values continue!
- Broker bonus program through 12/1/16 effective: Earn a $75 bonus for each member enrolled in a newly sold PPO 101+ plan, and a $50 bonus for each member enrolled in a newly sold HMO 101+ plan.
- Health Net PPO: we offer a wide range of traditional PPO and HSA/HRA PPO plans supported by extensive medical and pharmacy networks comparable to our competitors.
- The essentials to complement medical coverage: dental, vision, chiropractic, employee assistance program (EAP), wellness, life.
- SmartCare Network: available in 22 counties statewide to help you expand your sales opportunities – including newly added Marin County!
- Multiproduct bundling program: your clients can receive up to 2% in combined savings! Groups with 101 to less than 500 enrolled members pay less for medical premiums when they add dental, vision and/or life to their quote.
Washington Large Group 51+ portfolio refresh
Health Net offers simple, sustainable, low-cost benefit solutions that keep employees healthy and companies going strong. Continuing that commitment, we have refreshed and streamlined our portfolio to provide more balance and value for our clients and members – and to help drive more sales for you! All 2017 plans are quote-ready now, and the following updates are new for 1/1/17 effective:
- Medical and pharmacy out-of-pocket cross-accumulation for all our PPO plans.
- Separate in- and out-of-network deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
- PPO Fifty and PPO Plus plans are no longer available to reflect current market needs.
- New Tier 1 $5 copay pharmacy plan.
- Pharmacy plans with deductible: $250 deductible applies to all tiers except Tier 1.
- Telemedicine services now available with 2017 plans.
- Three new High Deductible Health Plans have been added to the Oregon Large Group standard plan portfolios. These plans have a 0% coinsurance for contracted providers once the deductible has been met.
- Our High Deductible Health Plans in Oregon have been updated to include chiropractic, acupuncture, naturopathic, and massage therapy benefits to the core medical plans, giving members more ways to protect their health.
- We’ve updated our Oregon Large Group product portfolios to include state legislative updates regarding telemedical
New exclusive in WA and OR – Large Group 51+ Active & Fit® Discount Gym benefit rider1
$100 annual copay to attend fitness facilities or exercise centers in a nationwide network for members ages 16 years or older – including spouse.
1Active & Fit® is administered by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). Active & Fit® is a registered trademark of ASH.
We’re here to support your sales with marketing materials for each offering. Go to www.healthnet.com/broker > select your region > Forms and Brochures > Large Group to view and download these materials.
We remain committed to the health and success of your business. Join us as we continue to define our place in the future of health care with a profound commitment to the people and communities we serve. As always, if you have any questions or would like more information, please call me or contact your local sales consultant.
Chief Sales Officer, Western Region
Large Group and Major Accounts
- Members enjoying improved care thanks to Health Net’s quality initiatives
- You’re invited to our California Individual Portfolio broker webinar on Oct. 9
- Business-boosting solutions for the 2019 selling season
- Oregon/Washington drug list changes for Q4 2018
- California individuals and families can sign up for 2019 health coverage with Health Net starting Oct. 15