When you do, the benefits start right away. According to the American Lung Association, 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your heart rate begins to return to normal.1
One hour later, your blood pressure isn’t as high. One day tobacco-free, your risk for heart attack starts to drop. And one year later, it’s cut in half!
The Quit For Life® Program will help give you the heart to quit! Trained Quit Coaches are ready to help people just like you overcome nicotine addiction for any type of tobacco use. Together, you’ll map out a personalized quit plan that’s right for you. Plus, your coach will give you tried-and-true strategies to manage cravings, handle social situations and avoid temptations that can derail you from your goal.
Every one-on-one coaching session gives you the know-how and positive encouragement you need to quit for good. Along with phone coaching, you’ll have access to other tools designed to help you stay tobacco-free 24/7, including:
- A copy of the step-by-step Quit Guide to help you throughout your quit process.
- Advice about nicotine substitutes and medication that may be right for you.
- Text2Quit, a service that sends you personalized text-message reminders, tips and encouragement tailored to your quit date (Text2Quit is not covered for Medicare members.)
- Dedicated web platform with eLearning modules, community chat room and access to a quit coach via email.
Discover the benefits of quitting tobacco for good and living tobacco-free!
Enroll in the Quit For Life program today!
Call 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (1-866-784-8454) or visit www.quitnow.net to enroll online.
Eligibility for Health Net members: The Quit For Life program is available for Commercial, Medicare, Cal MediConnect, and Affordable Care Act (ACA) members who are ages 18 and above.
1American Lung Association. (2017). Benefits of Quitting. Retrieved from http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/i-want-to-quit/benefits-of-quitting.html, February 2, 2017.
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your and your clients’ privacy continue to be protected by Health Net’s latest secure email tool
- Health Net members affected by the River, Ranch and Steele Fires in California are receiving assistance from Health Net
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Commercial broker update: System enhancements and our commitment for the future continues