The information in this article may be of use to your clients.
One in five adults experiences mental illness issues every year, and 50% of chronic mental illness begins by age 14. Although many people today understand that mental illness is a medical condition, individuals and families affected by mental illness are still often subjected to stigma and discrimination.
This year, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is calling on everyone to get “Into Mental Health” and replace stigma with hope.
National Depression Screening Day
In addition, as part of Mental Illness Awareness Week, National Depression Screening Day will be held on Thursday, Oct. 5. Learn more by visiting National Depression Screening Day.
Stigma Free Pledge
Learn more about Mental Illness Awareness Week.
We can help. Health Net partners with myStrength to offer Health Net members complimentary access to help with depression, anxiety, substance use, pain management, and mindfulness. myStrength offers:
- a range of engaging, mood-improving resources including step-by-step eLearning modules
- interactive tools
- weekly action plans
- self-help workbooks, and
- daily inspirations
myStrength resources are personalized to the user via web and mobile technology to help improve your mental health from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Sign up today
If you are one of the many who deal with mental health issues need a “lift,” register on myStrength to help take care of your mental and physical health. Please visit myStrength to sign up for and access the online program (the process will include a brief Wellness Assessment and personal profile).
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) annual survey process underway at Health Net
- Arizona small group rate updates
- California 2018 Small Group rate updates
- IRS extends deadlines for provided forms 1095-B and 1095-C to recipients for tax year 2017
- Arizona Small Business Group underwriting guidelines effective Jan. 1, 2018