Think you’re immune to the flu? Even healthy people can get very sick from the flu and spread it to others. If you don’t want to get a flu shot to protect yourself, then please get one to protect others. The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention estimates that flu-related hospitalizations and deaths, since 2010, have ranged from 152,000 to 766,000.
Keep the flu from bugging you!
If you’ve been waiting for a good reason to get a flu shot, we’ll give you five!
- It costs you nothing; Health Net covers an annual flu shot with a $0 copayment*.
- Saves you from spending your money on cough drops and tissues – and sick days in bed.
- Protects you and your loved ones against targeted flu viruses.
- Lasts throughout the entire flu season.
- Makes for a healthy holiday season.
Get your shot where you want:
- At your doctor’s office; call to schedule your flu shot or ask for one at your next appointment
- On the go; get a flu shot at a local, Health Net-contracted pharmacy, and get your shopping done at the same time.
- No prescription needed.
- No appointments required.
- Get reimbursed by Health Net; you may have to pay up front for your flu shot. If so, then send us your claim form and receipt, and we will pay you back.
Benefits of the seasonal flu vaccine:
According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, there are many benefits to getting the flu shot each year. Even if you think you won’t get the flu, you can protect others by getting a flu shot.
- Flu vaccination can keep you from getting sick with flu.
- Flu vaccination can reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalization, including among children and older adults.
- Flu vaccination also may make your illness milder if you do get sick.
- Getting vaccinated yourself also protects people around you, including those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like babies and young children, older people, and people with certain chronic health conditions.
Don’t let the flu slow you down. Flu shots are free, fast and convenient for Health Net members. Get yours today!
*If you use a network provider. Please double check your benefit documents to verify copayment.
- Health Net provides assistance to the Klamathon, West and Holiday Fire evacuees in Siskiyou, San Diego and Santa Barbara Counties
- Oregon/Washington Drug List Changes for Q3 2018
- Health Net provides assistance to Pawnee Fire evacuees in Lake County
- California Legislature passes Assembly Bill 1048 – partial fill for pain management and Schedule II Drug prescriptions
- 2018 Commercial Sales Guidelines