When it comes to privacy, more security is better. On August 6, Health Net’s Secure Messaging encryption email platform was upgraded and replaced by Centene Secure Email.
For most brokers, this upgrade is seamless and you will not notice anything has changed. The tool reinforces Health Net’s commitment to the privacy and protection of you and your clients by securing the email transfer of sensitive and confidential data, including:
- Protected health information (PHI).
- Personally identifiable information (PII).
- Account maintenance information.
- Benefit information (e.g., claims and premiums).
- Medical management such as treatment assessment.
What you need to do
Secure Messaging will no longer be available for external users to view or create new emails. However, Centene Secure Email provides a seamless transition for you and your clients – allowing secure emails to be sent the same way as before!
First, you and your clients should contact the Health Net representative you conduct email business with to test-send a new, encrypted email. After that, the system is simple. The first time you and your clients gain access, it will automatically check to confirm that your email provider supports the modern encryption technology known as Transport Layer Security (TLS). If confirmed no further action is necessary. If not, a message is sent with instructions to complete an easy, one-time registration before sending and receiving secure emails through the new system.
All Secure Messaging links on our public Health Net websites will be updated to access the Centene Secure Email Messaging User Guide to provide further information if needed. For specific issues with Centene Secure Email, please contact the Health Net representative with whom you conduct email business.
We’re here to help
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact your sales representative or Health Net’s Broker Services.
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Health Net members affected by the River, Ranch and Steele Fires in California are receiving assistance from Health Net
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Commercial broker update: System enhancements and our commitment for the future continues