Have you ever wondered where your food comes from or what’s in it? Many heavily processed foods we find at the grocery store use chemicals that can potentially pose threats to your health.
When you choose whole foods, you’re eating the food in its natural state, intact along with all of the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients naturally found in the food.
Which would you and your family rather eat – healthy whole foods or the kind that goes through chemical refinement and processing?
Health Net is offering a telephone/webinar-based class to help increase your awareness of the farm-to-fork movement – this is sometimes called “farm to table” or “farm to market.” This movement seeks to encourage people to swap over-processed, modified foods for local, natural and unaltered produce, dairy and meats.
We will hold our “Farm to Fork: Quick, Easy and Healthy Meals” webinar Wednesday, Dec. 13, from noon to 12:45 p.m., Pacific.
In this class you will learn the following:
- all about the farm-to-fork movement
- different types of local food systems
- ways to cook with seasonal food
- benefits of whole foods
- how to eat sensibly and seasonally
You can register for December’s “Farm to Fork: Quick, Easy and Healthy Meals webinar by clicking this link and entering Meeting Number 621 031 145:
Remember, our monthly webinars are offered to all Health Net members and to the general public. Feel free to share this information with your friends and co-workers!
- Suffering from chronic or severe pain? Lower your risk for opioid addiction by watching this webinar
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your privacy is enhanced with the launch of Health Net’s latest secure email platform
- Finding Financial Wellness Challenge Begins August 2018
- Health Net members affected by the River, Ranch and Steele Fires in California are receiving assistance from Health Net