Have you ever wondered where your food comes from or what’s in it? Many heavily processed foods we find at the grocery store use chemicals that can potentially pose threats to your health.
When you choose whole foods, you’re eating the food in its natural state, intact along with all of the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients naturally found in the food.
Which would you and your family rather eat – healthy whole foods or the kind that goes through chemical refinement and processing?
Health Net is offering a telephone/webinar-based class to help increase your awareness of the farm-to-fork movement – this is sometimes called “farm to table” or “farm to market.” This movement seeks to encourage people to swap over-processed, modified foods for local, natural and unaltered produce, dairy and meats.
We will hold our “Farm to Fork: Quick, Easy and Healthy Meals” webinar Wednesday, Dec. 13, from noon to 12:45 p.m., Pacific.
In this class you will learn the following:
- all about the farm-to-fork movement
- different types of local food systems
- ways to cook with seasonal food
- benefits of whole foods
- how to eat sensibly and seasonally
You can register for December’s “Farm to Fork: Quick, Easy and Healthy Meals webinar by clicking this link and entering Meeting Number 621 031 145:
Remember, our monthly webinars are offered to all Health Net members and to the general public. Feel free to share this information with your friends and co-workers!
- Register now for our no-cost February webinar: Money Talks – Stop it From Saying Goodbye
- Keep yourself healthy this year with Health Net’s health promotion programs
- You’ll want to join our “New Year, New Challenge” webinar
- Oregon/Washington employers: Health Net drug list changes for Q1 2018
- Step your way to better health! Health Net’s Step It Up Challenge begins in January