Health Net’s initiatives are numerous, including:
- Working with the American Cancer Society to call members and educate them about the benefits of breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screenings.
- Adding more online self-help resources for members suffering from depression, anxiety and chronic pain.
- Engaging more members in the many different ways they prefer to receive preventive health tips — by text messaging, email, online and other methods.
The positive impact on members’ health was reflected in a recent upgrading of Health Net’s accreditation rating by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NQCA). In “Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings, 2018-2019”, NCQA raised its rating from “Accredited” to “Commendable” for two plans under the Health Net umbrella:
- Health Net of California, Inc.’s commercial HMO/POS health plan.
- Health Net Life Insurance Company of California’s commercial PPO health plan.
“Ensuring our members are well cared for is our top priority,” said Steven Sell, president of Health Net of California. “These new ratings reflect that focus. It drives us daily to transform the health of our community, one person at a time.”
The NCQA evaluates how well a health plan manages all parts of its delivery system – physicians, hospitals, other providers, and administrative services in order to continuously improve the quality of care and services provided to its members.
NCQA Health Plan Accreditation is a nationally recognized evaluation that purchasers, regulators and consumers can use to assess health plans.
- Suffering from chronic or severe pain? Lower your risk for opioid addiction by watching this webinar
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your privacy is enhanced with the launch of Health Net’s latest secure email platform
- Finding Financial Wellness Challenge Begins August 2018