Beginning January 1, 2019, Health Net is launching an exciting new way for you to improve your health – the Step It Up Challenge. We’ve designed this challenge to help you monitor your physical activity. It can also help you create an empowering, healthy lifestyle change that lasts. The program runs through December 31, 2019.
How does it work?
Throughout 2019, you’ll earn credits as you complete your challenge activities. You’ll earn one credit for every 65,000 steps until you reach the maximum 10 credits. If you have a fitness tracker, be sure to link it with the Health Net health portal to upload your daily steps.
No tracker? No problem. Just remember this rule of thumb: On average, 10 minutes of physical activity is equal to 1,000 steps. Continue gathering steps and earning those credits all year long!
Here’s what to do:
- Start a challenge activity and get off to a great start!
- Log your progress and earn credits.
- Complete the challenge.
It’s that simple!
How you can participate in the Step It Up Challenge
- Log into your account on healthnet.com.
- Select Wellness Center.
- Click on Explore All Wellness Tools.
- After reading the disclaimer, click Continue.
- Click on Rewards.
- Click on Credits.
- Scroll down to “Join a Challenge” and click Get Started.
Good luck and stay with it! Remember: Physical activity has many benefits including:
- Stress relief.
- Decreased risk of chronic conditions.
- Increased energy.
- Better overall health.
Please note: The Step It Up Challenge is available to California commercial and Medicare members only.