Did you know your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues? Water also helps to regulate your body’s temperature, transport nutrients and cushion your joints. Drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water helps you to stay hydrated. But when your water intake doesn’t equal your output, you can become dehydrated.
If you’re thirsty a lot, tired or sleepy, even dizzy you may be dehydrated. Try the Water Works Challenge and feel the difference it can make!
Why you should try
Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate on a regular basis. The Water Works challenge promotes hydration. Beginning August 1, your challenge will be to drink at least six glasses of water each day.
Submit the number of glasses of water you drink per day. The goal is to drink at least 160 glasses in the month. Your body will thank you.
Tips for the Challenge
- Carry a water bottle for easy access when you are at work or running errands.
- Drink water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Choose water when dining out.
- Add a wedge of lemon or lime to your water to help improve the taste.
How you can join
- Log in to healthnet.com.
- Select Wellness Center.
- Click on Explore All Wellness Tools.
- After reading the disclaimer, click Continue.
- Click on Rewards.
- Click on Credits.
- Scroll down to “Join a challenge” and click Get Started.