A special Saturday of free, health-filled fun for the whole family at the East Los Angeles Farmers Market.
Looking for a great way to spend a spring Saturday? Here’s Health Net’s suggestion:
On April 6, round up the family, friends, neighbors – anyone ready for a day of free, health-filled fun – and zip over to the East Los Angeles Farmers Market (4801 East 3rd St., Los Angeles, 90022), where we will officially kickoff our Health Net Plaza!
- The Health Net Plaza is our new wellness and information center. No need to rush – we’ll located right next to the parking structure from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Make sure your hands are free, as we have giveaways aplenty – tote bags, healthy-recipe cookbooks, pens and much more. Goodies await the kids as well, including toy airplanes, coloring books, crayons, stickers, and balloons!
- Also be sure to pick up your Health Net Plaza Card. Here’s how it works: Every time you visit Health Net Plaza – which will be open every Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., from April 6 through July 27 – your card will be stamped. On your eighth visit, you’ll receive a nifty prize!
- The best prize, though, is the gift of good health. That’s why Health Net Plaza will be providing free activities and services such as screenings to measure blood pressure, body fat, and glucose (this test helps determine if you have – or are at risk of developing – diabetes).
- Then cap off your day by stocking up on the plentiful, fresh-picked produce that’s virtually overflowing at this wonderful Farmers Market. (For more information about the East Los Angeles Farmers Market, call (323) 266-7770 or visit http://www.velaela.org/ela_farmers.html.)
As April 6 marks the official opening of Health Net Plaza, we’re holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. Local elected officials are scheduled to be on hand, including California State Senator Ed Hernandez (24th Senate District) and California State Assembly member Jimmy Gomez (51st Assembly District).
This kickoff event is the first in a series of free, fun, health-filled Saturdays at Health Net Plaza. Upcoming Saturdays will feature giveaways for both kids and adults, health screenings, and informative presentations – from healthy-cooking demonstrations to forums focusing on diabetes, Alzheimer’s, stress management, and parenting – all designed to maximize your wellness. Health insurance information also is available.
Health Net hopes to see you Saturday.
- Health Net celebrates No One Eats Alone Day at Hamilton Elementary with NFL Hall of Famer and Stockton Mayor
- Roasted root vegetable salad
- You’ll want to join our “New Year, New Challenge” webinar
- Health Net providing assistance to Southern California wildfire victims and evacuees
- Health Net awards $4.2 million to drive health workforce development and improve quality of health data collection