Health Net providing access to essential prescriptions during and after the emergency
Health Net is taking steps to help ensure that Health Net members who are victims and evacuees of the Erskine Fire in Kern County, California, have access to essential prescriptions and critical Health Net information.
Prescription Information for Members
Health Net will approve payment for refills of essential prescription medications for any Health Net member whose medicine was lost in the destruction or remained behind during the evacuation. To obtain an emergency supply, just return to the pharmacy where the original prescription was filled. For questions or assistance, affected Health Net members may call the number on the back of their ID card, or the toll-free number 1-800-400-8987.
Information for Health Care Providers
Health Net is taking steps to help ensure that health care providers in the Erskine Fire area are able to continue providing for Health Net members’ medical needs.
Health care providers who contract with Health Net may call 1-800-641-7761 for guidance on prescription refill guidelines, length of time to obtain authorizations for treatment, or approval for out-of-network services in the event a contracting provider or facility becomes unavailable.
Other Important Issues
To date, Health Net has not been contacted by any of its contracting providers indicating they are not able to serve our members. Health Net continues monitoring the situation.
Depending on how the fire situation plays out, Health Net will make additional changes to its policies as needed to ensure members have access to health care services. Health Net also is ensuring its policies comply with all local, state and federal executive orders or regulations.
- Health Net celebrates No One Eats Alone Day at Hamilton Elementary with NFL Hall of Famer and Stockton Mayor
- Health Net providing assistance to Southern California wildfire victims and evacuees
- Health Net awards $4.2 million to drive health workforce development and improve quality of health data collection
- Health Net awards $1.5 million to help close insurance gap, improve quality of care and enhance health outcomes
- Health Net Providing More Than $1 Million in Grants to California Safety Net Providers