Health Net is offering a telephone/webinar-based class to individuals that will identify how diabetes can affect your health. The monthly webinar is offered to all Health Net members, as well as to the general public. Feel free to share this information with your friends and co-workers!
Diabetes by the numbers
Based on health data from 2012 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:1
- 1 million people (about 1 out of every 11 people in the U.S.) have diabetes.
- 21 million people are diagnosed.
- 1 million people are undiagnosed.
- Another 86 million adults, more than one in three, have prediabetes.
Join us and register
Our Pre-diabetes: Don’t Sugar Coat It! webinar takes place on Wednesday, December 21, from 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Pacific time.
During the presentation, you’ll learn about:
- Risk factors for developing diabetes.
- The role of insulin.
- Common symptoms associated with diabetes.
- How to practice diabetes prevention.
1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, Basics, October 7, 2016, www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/index.html