Health Net, Inc. has agreed to provide more than $1 million in grants to “safety net” health and dental providers in California to help them enhance the quality and scope of services they provide their patients, many of whom are low-income.
“Health Net is committed to expanding access to quality medical and dental care throughout California,” said Carol Kim, director of Public Affairs for Health Net. “These grants will help providers upgrade their equipment to better serve patients with special needs, improve the overall patient experience, enhance their electronic medical records systems and expand their health coaching programs.”
Kim said the grants are being awarded to federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), community clinics, clinic associations and individual practitioners who primarily serve California’s Medi-Cal enrollees or the uninsured. “These safety net providers are key to serving some of California’s most medically underserved populations and regions,” said Kim.
FQHC Grant Recipients
In addition to $455,000 in individual grants to individual medical practitioners, Health Net provided a total of $555,000 in grants to these FQHCs and their associations:
Altura Health Centers (Tulare County)
Clinica Sierra Vista (Fresno and Kern counties)
Herald Christian Center (Los Angeles County)
Livingston Community Health (Stanislaus and Merced counties)
Sacramento Native American Health Center (Sacramento County)
Valley Health Team (Fresno County)
Wellspace Health (Sacramento County)
An Additional $150,000 for Fresno Social Services Provider
In addition to the safety net provider grants, Health Net is providing a $150,000 charitable contribution to Poverello House in Fresno as part of its campaign to raise funds for a new food warehouse, enhance its community housing area and expand programs that link clients to health services, including behavioral health.
“Providing access to health care and housing are part of our focus on helping transform the health of the community, one person at a time,” said Kim.
- Health Net provides assistance to the Klamathon, West and Holiday Fire evacuees in Siskiyou, San Diego and Santa Barbara Counties
- Health Net provides assistance to Pawnee Fire evacuees in Lake County
- Health Net celebrates No One Eats Alone Day at Hamilton Elementary with NFL Hall of Famer and Stockton Mayor
- Health Net providing assistance to Southern California wildfire victims and evacuees
- Health Net awards $4.2 million to drive health workforce development and improve quality of health data collection