Health Net offers many online tools to help you decide where to get quality care and services.
Hospital Advisor Tool
- Health Net’s Hospital Advisor Tool, powered by WebMD®, is an easy-to-use, decision-support tool. This online resource helps you find a hospital for a procedure, condition, or location.
- You can easily compare hospitals by:
- the number of patients treated
- mortality and complication rates
- length of stay
- average costs
- The information provided by the Hospital Advisor Tool includes reports such as the Leapfrog Group’s patient safety report, and hospital satisfaction data.
- To use the Hospital Advisor Tool, log on as a member at healthnet.com and go to Next Steps (on the right hand side) > Compare Hospitals.
- The latest Leapfrog survey results for hospital and patient safety are found on the Hospital Advisor Tool. While in the tool, choose a hospital, click on View Report, then the Safety tab, and then view both the Leapfrog Hospital Survey tab and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
The Leapfrog Group
- The Leapfrog Group is committed to improving safety, quality and affordability of health care by taking giant leaps, including:
- computer physician order entry (CPOE) to reduce serious medical errors by using electronic prescribing systems
- evidence-based hospital referral (EHR) to help choose hospitals with the best outcomes
- intensive care unit (ICU) staffing by doctors experienced in critical care medicine
- Leapfrog Safe Practices Score to implement practices that help reduce preventable medical mistakes
- Leapfrog focuses on patient safety standards that are proven to reduce preventable deaths and injuries. Hospitals that meet these standards have the potential for fewer deaths and complications. This means safer outcomes for you and your loved ones.
Additional help researching hospitals
You can also view hospital safety grades and detailed quality and safety information at http://www.hospitalsafetygrade.org/. The search tool helps you find hospitals reporting to the Leapfrog Hospital Survey, even if the hospital is outside your first geographic search area.
- Visit Leapfrog’s website at http://www.leapfroggroup.org/ for more information about The Leapfrog Group.
- You can download the Hospital Safety Grade app by going to http://www.hospitalsafetygrade.org/, then choosing either the App Store or Google Play in the top right.
- Learn more about what you can do to stay safe. View Leapfrog’s whiteboard videos and other resources available at http://www.hospitalsafetygrade.org/what-is-patient-safety.
We’re here for you
At Health Net, your health and safety are our priority, and we strive to provide the decision-making support you need. If you have questions, please call the number on the back of your member ID card.
- Your privacy is enhanced with the launch of Health Net’s latest secure email platform
- Helping you choose the best hospital
- Need care but don’t know where to start? Health Net can help
- Register now for our no-cost February webinar: Money Talks – Stop it From Saying Goodbye
- You’ll want to join our “New Year, New Challenge” webinar