If they included losing weight, quitting smoking, exercising more, or any other health and wellness goal, we’ve got good news – Health Net can help you keep your resolutions all year long!
Health Net offers a variety of health promotion programs – both online and over the telephone – to help you gain and maintain a healthier lifestyle. These six-week programs are packed with information and support for numerous health-related topics that include:
- tobacco cessation (quitting smoking)
- weight loss
- physical activity
- stress management
Wellness health coaching program
To ensure a complete health and wellness experience for our members, the health promotion program process uses successful one-on-one coaching techniques.
And, through our wellness health coaching program, Health Net members have unlimited access to an experienced health coach for six months. This allows for ongoing expertise and individual support to assist you with reaching goals and incorporating positive healthy behaviors into your daily life.
Plus, to help keep you on track, action plans with specific incremental goals are created to help you overcome any barriers that may exist. Your health coach will also help you identify motivators to improve your confidence and to sustain long-term behavior change.
Quit For Life
If you’re looking to quit smoking for good, the Quit For Life telephonic tobacco cessation program is for you. Quit For Life offers Health Net members one-on-one support with a quit coach. Together, you and your coach will address your readiness to change and your motivation for quitting. Best of all, your coach will be your personal support system for success.
Once you enroll, you will be eligible to receive four calls from your quit coach, and have unlimited calls to your coach. Besides having the support of a quit coach, you will have access to online learning modules, discussion forums, progress trackers, and a chat function with online coaches.
The entire Quit For Life Program includes:
- quitting at your own pace – choose a quit date and prepare to quit
- conquering your urges to smoke – learn how and when urges to smoke occur and how to cope with them. And, learn how to manage stress without smoking
- using quit medicines that really work – get help selecting an appropriate tobacco cessation aid, either over-the-counter or prescription
- becoming a true non-smoker – don’t just quit, make this the last quit, and manage your weight during the quitting process
To register for Quit For Life, please call 1-800-893-5597 to speak to an enrollment specialist and enroll. You can also call 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (1-866-784-8454).
myStrength – The health club for your mind™
Mental health is an integral and essential component of overall health and well-being. Health Net understands this and is partnering with myStrength to offer Health Net members complimentary access to myStrength.com.
myStrength is a dynamic and personalized website that offers clinically-proven applications to help with mental health challenges. These self-help resources empower you to be an active participant in your journey to becoming – and staying – mentally and physically healthy.
- step-by-step eLearning modules
- interactive tools
- weekly action plans
- self-help workbooks
- daily inspirations
These resources specifically help with depression, anxiety, substance use, pain management, and mindfulness – personalized via web and mobile technology to help improve your mental health from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit www.myStrength.com/HNWell, where you can also sign up. The sign-up process includes a brief wellness assessment and personal profile. After setting up an online account, download the myStrength app for iOS and Android devices and register using the same username and password used for the myStrength website.
Health Risk Questionnaire
As a Health Net member, you also have access to your online Health Risk Questionnaire, personal health record, health trackers, healthy discounts, newsletters, and much more. Please register and log in at www.healthnet.com and let Health Net help keep you healthy all year long.
- November Webinar: Overcoming Barriers to Weight Loss
- Don’t Feed Your Nicotine Need – The Great American Smokeout Is Coming!
- Check c-section rates before you decide on a hospital for your baby’s delivery
- Protect yourself and loved ones from the flu with tips from Health Net
- You can go from couch potato to a 5K runner in nine weeks – join our Oct. 17 webinar to learn how