Do you have plastic bottles in your home that contain prescription medications you no longer need? Please don’t’ toss them in the garbage or flush them down the toilet; these pills can be harmful if taken by someone for whom they weren’t prescribed, and many are also harmful to the environment. But, there is a safe way to dispose of them.
What is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day?
This Saturday, April 28, is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. An initiative of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Take Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the public about the potential for abuse of medications.
Find a collection site near you
Health Net encourages everyone to responsibly dispose of unneeded or expired prescription drugs. To locate a collection site near you, click here and then enter your ZIP code.
Most collection sites are open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Finding Financial Wellness Challenge Begins August 2018
- Health Net members affected by the River, Ranch and Steele Fires in California are receiving assistance from Health Net
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Helping you choose the best hospital