When it comes to choosing a hospital, quality matters. How do you choose the best hospital for you and your loved ones? Health Net offers many online tools to help you decide where to get quality care and services.
Health Net’s Hospital Advisor Tool, powered by WebMD®, is an easy-to-use, decision-support tool. This online resource helps you find a hospital by your procedure or condition and your location.
You can easily compare hospitals by:
- The number of patients treated.
- The rate of complications.
- Length of stay.
- Average costs.
To use the Hospital Advisor Tool:
Just log on to your Health Net site as a member > go to the My Health tab under the heart icon at the top of your screen > Select Hospital Advisor, the middle tab on the right hand side.
Another option is to go to your member profile page > choose My Health Plan > select the Estimate Costs and Compare Care Options tab > find the “Compare and Explore Hospitals and Doctors for Your Care” section > click Access the WebMD Hospital Advisor.
This will take you to the Hospital Advisor tool, where you may choose a hospital based on your needs and location.
You can find out how each hospital scores on important aspects of care:
The Hospital Advisor Tool includes information such as the Leapfrog Group’s patient safety and hospital satisfaction information.
Choose a hospital in the Hospital Advisor tool > select View Report > click the Safety tab.
Here you can view both the Leapfrog Hospital Survey and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade tabs for key information on hospital performance. For more details about the grade assigned to a hospital, visit hospitalsafetygrade.org.
About the Leapfrog Group
The Leapfrog Group focuses on patient safety standards that are proven to reduce preventable injuries and even deaths. Choosing hospitals which meet these standards may lead to better outcomes for you and your loved ones.
The Leapfrog Group is committed to improving safety, quality and affordability of health care by taking giant leaps, including:
- Leapfrog Safe Practices Score to implement practices to reduce preventable medical mistakes.
- Reducing serious medical errors by using electronic prescribing systems (Computer physician order entry, or CPOE).
- Evidence-Based Hospital Referral (EBHR) to encourage use of hospitals with the best outcomes when possible.
Learn more about what you can do to stay safe. View Leapfrog’s videos and other resources at hospitalsafetygrade.org.
We’re here for you
At Health Net, your health and safety are our priority and we strive to provide the decision-making support you need. If you have questions, please call the number on the back of your member ID card for assistance.
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Your privacy is enhanced with the launch of Health Net’s latest secure email platform
- Finding Financial Wellness Challenge Begins August 2018
- Health Net members affected by the River, Ranch and Steele Fires in California are receiving assistance from Health Net
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net