There are ways to lower the risk of opioid addiction. To learn how, join Health Net’s upcoming conference call/webinar on Sept. 19, 2018, from noon to 12:45 p.m. PST. During the webinar, Combating the Opioid Epidemic Crisis, you’ll learn about:
- Tips to help patients lower their odds of prescription opioid abuse and addiction.
- Current medical best practices for managing pain, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- When and how opioid use disorder should be treated.
Prescription opioid drugs – also called painkillers, opiates or narcotics – are often prescribed by doctors for medium to severe pain. Unfortunately, opioid use disorder and overdose deaths are rising dramatically across the nation. Every day, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, more than 115 people in the United States die after overdosing on opioids. The misuse of and addiction to opioids includes prescription pain relievers, heroin, and synthetic opioids such as fentanyl.
Sign Up Now for this No-Cost Webinar
The Combating the Opioid Epidemic Crisis webinar takes place on Wednesday, Sept. 19, from noon to 12:45 p.m. PST. Register now!
Our monthly webinars are offered to all Health Net members, as well as to the general public. Feel free to share this information with your friends and co-workers!
- Health Net members affected by Holy Fire in California receiving assistance from Health Net
- Finding Financial Wellness Challenge Begins August 2018
- Health Net members affected by the River, Ranch and Steele Fires in California are receiving assistance from Health Net
- Health Net members affected by Cranston, Carr and Ferguson Fires in California receiving assistance from Health Net